If your Samsung Galaxy S20 has become damaged, it can be replaced and repaired.
The back cover is held on with adhesive that needs to be heated up and then pried off.
Gloves will need to be used since the back can become too hot to hold.
Be sure to spread the heat out evenly and not hold it in one place too long.
As always, if-in-doubt, be sure to take your smartphone to a professional.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Models
SM-G981 S20 5G
SM-G985 S20 Plus
SM-G985 S20 Plus 5G
SM-G988 S20 Ultra 5G
Tools Needed to Remove the Back Cover on the Samsung Galaxy S20
- Hair Dryer, Heat Gun, or Hot Plate
- Suction Cup
- Prying tools
A hot gun of some type will be needed to remove the cover.
Most repair techs will use a heat gun with variable heat output or a hot plate, but some users have good results with a hair dryer.
If you have a hot plate, the phone can be placed on it to heat it up.
Whichever option is used, the phone will need to be heated up to remove the cover.
Be sure to use gloves so as to not burn your hand when heating the smartphone.
How To Remove the Back Cover on the Samsung Galaxy S20 and Repair Broken Back Glass
- Power off the phone.
- Heat the back cover with a hair dryer or similar for roughly one minute heating the entire back cover.
- Use a suction cup to pull on the back cover.
- Use a flat plastic card or similar and pry at the seam.
- Work around the seam until it opens up and then pull on the suction cup to remove it.
- It will take some heat, prying, and patience but the back cover comes completely off.
- The back camera will now need to be heated the and taken out.
- Use a flat plastic card to work around the entire camera slowly.
- The back camera comes completely out.
- The new back cover can now be installed going in reverse order.