With the steps below you will learn how to Backup Google Account and Restore for Android.
Backing up information to your Google Account with Google Drive is free and keeps all your files safe as long as you have it set up correctly.
There is also a video is at the bottom of the post for a visual walk-through if needed.
How to Backup Google Account and Restore for Android
Method 1 Backup Google Account
- Swipe down from the top of the screen go to Settings.
- Scroll down and click where it says Google.
- Click Google Account
- Click Backup Now
It will back up and restore data on your Android device, sync your apps with your google account, find delete items, view /delete call history and manage your google settings
Method 2 Backup Google Account
- Select the language and hit the Let’s Go button at the welcome screen.
- Click Next
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network to get started.
- Sign in to your Google account
- Select I agree to Google’s Terms of Service to proceed.
- You will see a list of backup options.
- Click restore if you want all the data and settings from your previous device restored.
- Click Apps to choose what apps to install on your new device and then click OK
- After you restored and then you can set fingerprint or password to protect your device
- You can set up Google Assistant after you’re done registering your fingerprints and then click next
- Click Accept
- Review your additional apps and then click OK
- You can also sign in and create your new account or skip this step and then click finish when you are done.